Thank you for visiting our PTA website. While here, please be sure to do the following things:
- register for a Membership Toolkit user account - provides access to directory & website features
- join the PTA - please consider joining and supporting our HMES PTA
- provide contact information for our online directory
- share your volunteer interests
- register for afterschool programs and clubs
- subscribe to calendars
- purchase HMES spirit wear
- save this website as a favorite on your laptop, tablet and phone
- download the Membership Toolkit app to your phone for access to directory, calendars & PTA updates
Order NEW Spirit Wear for the 2022-2023 School Year!
Click here to order now! Deadline is September 30th!
We have many volunteer opportunities still available and we need your help! It takes many hands to make light work. Please consider volunteering with our wonderful PTA. Please contact Erin Anderson with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of our needs are:
Spelling Club Leader / Spelling Bee Chair
Math Club Leader
Weekend Backpack Program Packers
Operation Snowflake Coordinator
Care & Share Committee Members
Tuesday Folders Helpers
Science Night Coordinator
Special Education Liaison
Military Family Liaison
Veterans Day Program Co-Coordinator
Teacher Appreciation Co-Chair
Language Access Assistance
There will be a link coming soon to sign up for these volunteer opportunities. Thank you!
PTA Reflections Arts Contest
Students in Pre-K through grade 12, and a special artist division are invited to create theme-based artwork in the categories of dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography or visual arts. Membership in the Virginia PTA provides the opportunity to participate in the National PTA Reflections Arts Contest. This competition encourages students to explore the arts and express themselves by providing positive recognition for their artistic efforts. Since it was founded in 1969 by Mary Lou Anderson, millions of students have benefited from this program.
Submission information coming soon. For questions email HMES Reflections Chair Allison Heck email@example.com
excited to share HMES PTA has won a 2021-2022 National PTA Grant, Sponsored by Mathnasium for a Family Math Night!
HMES PTA Wins 4 NOVA PTA Awards!
We are pleased to announce that HMES PTA was awarded 4 honors by the Northern Virginia District (NOVA) PTA that recognize the hard work of our volunteers:
- HMES PTA was named both the District Outstanding PTA of the Year and Outstanding Communications of the Year for 2021-2022.
- Erin Anderson received the 2021-2022 District PTA Elementary Volunteer of the Year Award of Distinction.
- Mary Charlton was named Educator of the Year for 2021-2022.
Additionally, we were 1 of 3 PTA's who won Local Unit of Excellence from Virginia PTA!
National PTA School of Excellence
Congratulations Hollin Meadows Elementary School PTA!
Click here to learn more about being a National PTA School of Excellence.
helpful links for parents
For Parent/Student tech support: Please visit the Parent and Student IT Support Portal
The “Go Paperless” option is now available to all ES parents to allow them to only receive online progress reports. To take advantage of the paperless option, parents and/or guardians will need to log into ParentVUE, then go to “My Account” and select "Go Paperless".
All parents and/or guardians who live with the student and share the same address must have a SIS ParentVUE account and must select the paperless option to prevent mailing of the printed progress reports.
Why join the HMES PTA?
Successful students make successful schools - which make thriving communities. Everyone benefits when you support students!
Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church